Current use of Scorecards has been dominated by the business and not interlocked with a programmes strategy
or delivery. Gartner’s research questioned organisations regarding achievement of business benefits and asked:
"Do Programmes Deliver Benefits" the report found 75% did not deliver benefits leaving just 25% that did.
Scorecards act as an aid to translating a strategy into measurable and actionable items within a programme. By
taking this approach a programme will align with the strategic business objectives.
Our event will provide an introduction to the management use of Scorecards, demonstrating the benefits of using Scorecards within a
strategic and delivery programme environment. Project management activities can assist the organisation to achieve strategic business objectives. This could
reduce the risk of not meeting expectations, and ensure the programme is achieving the vision it set out to
achieve. Communications could be improved with a full picture of a programme being provided, increased
productivity by reducing the amount of effort required for reporting.
Our speaker Tina Cousins is a Project Manager for IBM UK, Global Business Services. Tina has been in the
IT industry for eleven years, which includes nine years with
IBM. She joined as an IT Specialist focusing on System Integration and Test. She
joined the project management profession in 1999, gained certification with IBM and
became a certified PRINCE2 Practioner. Tina has managed a wide range of projects
varying from Telco’s, Public Sector, Automotive to Financial and provided
consultancy support to several Government departments. One of Tina’s facets of
consultancy is her method of communication to all levels within an organisation. This
has included the development and delivery of programme management events.
Wednesday 15 Nov 2006
18:30 (refreshments from 18:00)
BCS London Offices
5 Southampton Street
||Please do one of the following: